Sunday, January 13, 2008

Block, the Bear

When Emily was born, I remember being stuck in the hospital after a dramatic C section, and I recall worrying about Ryan. He needed me so much. On day two of Emily's life there came a small distraction. Block arrived at the hospital, sent by my sister in law & brother. Cute bear, later named Block because of the three little baby building blocks on her front. Emily liked the bear right away; she would stare at it for hours. I had NO idea.

Nine years later, our beloved Block was in dire need of a good stuffing and a new outfit. We showed up at BUILD A BEAR and inquired about a re stuffing. The girl at the front said "Oh no I am sorry, we don't do that.".. Oh, well. Emily went in with her cousins to pick out a new outfit for Block. She got a lovely new pink capri pants outfit with a pink backpack to match. As I was paying for the outfit I asked the girl ringing us up where we might go to have a bear re stuffed. She said "Oh I can do that for you! Bring her back here & we'll fix her up, no charge." Yay! So here is the surgery-a little snip, Emily pushed the pedal to release the stuffing in to the bear, then a little sew sew and Block is good as new. She even has a little scar where the new stuffing went in. Pretty cool!



GOOD AS NEW!

No comments: